Thursday, May 16, 2013

Whose cutting my hair???

There has been so many questions centered around who has the honor of cutting my hair off and well ok I will give you some background on a few of the individuals. First and foremost, my wonderful sister Ashley. I am not sure if she is doing more for the cause or the fact that she will get to cut my hair. Whatever the reason, she is doing it as representation for my family. Ms. Tina Bauer will also have the honor of cutting off my hair. Tina was a really good friend and coworker of my mom. She was there at the beginning, going with her the day of the mammogram, to the end helping us handle last minute funeral and repast details. My dear friend and colleague Nikki Seagraves and her mom Melba have also agreed to partake in this special day. I don't think words can express how much I love Nikki and admire her as a wife, a woman, a daughter, a scientist. Just a mere 5 days after I lost my mom to breast cancer, she lost her dad to liver cancer. Then on top of that her family found out just this year that her mother has cervical cancer. I love her family for their strength and constant positive energy. But more importantly I love Nikki because she is walking proof that you can be a darn good scientist and have a strong grounded faith in God at the same time!! So I just ask that everyone please keep their family in your prayers as they wade through this familiarly different territory.

There are others who will be cutting off a portion of my hair but we will save that for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment