Friday, March 8, 2013

What life has taught me so far...Happy Birthday to me!

As I get ready to turn 30...again...don't judge me... I can't help but think about my life. I have been through so much yet I am so far from perfect. I am still learning, still growing.  I've done things that shouldn't have been done, said things that shouldn't have been said, seen things I shouldn't have saw, and known things that should have remained unknown. At times I have been a bad person, a bad friend. I have turned my back on people who needed me, doubted others efforts, even spoke ill of some. Occasionally I just plain suck at life. 

I want to apologize to everyone I have let down, everyone I may have hurt...my mom, my dad, JJ, Ashley, Celina, Kia, Angie, Deanna, Selena, Tutan, Alicia, Danielle, Joseph, Dre, Kim, Aja, Shedarra, BJ, Romel, M.A.A., Shannon, Kahn, Cory, Mike, Shannon, Heidi, Tony...this list could go on so let's just say my family, my friends...I am so sorry. To those I have not failed yet, I apologize because I will fail you one day.

But I am so grateful, thankful that God forgives. Some may never but He always will.

30 taught me about death and grief, 31 taught me about life, I don't know what 32 will bring but I am sure ready for the ride. How did I get here? It's been a journey, one that has caused me to relearn my ABC's...

A - At the end of the day, when it is all said and done we are family. We fight, we laugh, we cry, we are in this together.
B - "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
C - Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30
D - "​Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened."
E - “Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
F - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
G - "Gentlemen may prefer blondes but it takes a real man to handle a redhead."
H - He who thinks before he speaks is wise.
I - Isn't it funny how life pushes us to grow even when we aren't ready.
J - Just because everyone isn't your friend doesn't mean you can't be a friend to everyone.
K - "Kill them with kindness and bury them with a smile?"
L - Live, love, laugh.
M - "My grandfather told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group, there was much less competition."
N - "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
O - Opposites attract.
P -Psalm 23: The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Q - Quit trying to please others if you can't please yourself.
R - "Respect is earned not given."
S - "Some things I regret, there are some words I wish had gone unsaid...some starts, that had some bitter endings, been some bad times I've been through, damage I cannot undo...some things, I wish I could do all all over again, but it don't really matter...Life gets that much harder, it makes you that much stronger...Oh, some pages turned, Some bridges burned, But there were... Lessons learned"
T - "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
U - Unhappiness depends on attitude. 
V - "Veni, vidi, vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered)
W - "Will you do it for a Scooby snack?"
X - Xcept for God (Don't judge me lol)
Y - "You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut."
Z - "Zen's greatest contribution is to give you an alternative to the serious man."

1 comment:

  1. So I am reading your ABC's and I get down to "W"... LMBO!!! What would you do without Scooby? :-)

    ReplyDelete