Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ready or not...and I'm not

I'm not a blogger...heck I don't even really like writing. But I have been through enough to make a Lifetime movie. Good things, bad things, hills and valleys, I got stories for days. But something happened in 2013 that made me step back and look around...made me question what am I doing with my life and am I working hard enough.

In 2009 my maternal grandmother died, in 2010 my paternal grandmother died, my mother died in 2011, and 2012 brought the death of my dad's cousin. Then 19 days into 2013 my family lost another link...my mom's Aunt Phyllis. She, like my mom, had battled breast cancer for years, she was a fighter, a survivor, and a hero. But in the blink of an eye it all changed, she went home to be with our Lord. I find comfort in knowing she is up there with my grandma, my mom, and the rest of the Davis clan having a grand party, actually that thought makes me jealous. I pray that my cousins find peace through this journey but I really pray for a cure. I don't want another family to experience the loss we have, I hate not being able to tell a young girl with 100% confidence her mom will survive this disease, I really want to be able to say we kicked cancer's ass.

So am I working hard enough? Am I doing everything I can? Stay tuned this journey isn't over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment